Unexpected accidents and illnesses happen. Travel insurance can offer peace of mind and help reduce costs if you are forced to cancel your trip, lose your luggage, or become ill while traveling. We highly recommend that you investigate purchasing travel insurance to protect your tour investment.
So what is included in my Cultural Tour Consultants tour package?
Cultural Tour Consultants pays for and provides, for all travelers, the TravelEx 360° Group Assured Travel Protection Plan (Student or Adult), which includes post departure coverage, but does not include cancellation insurance.
Post Departure Insurance (zero value): This coverage is intended to help with expenses related to medical and dental issues, lost baggage, missed connections and other concerns that could arise while you are traveling. The coverage begins after you depart on your tour and does not reimburse your pre paid, non refundable tour payments, if you cancel or cut short your travel plans. Many post departure policies are primary policies meaning that they pay regardless of your other insurance coverage, and have no deductible. An example of coverage could be:
- If a flight delay causes you to miss your ongoing connecting flight, this coverage may help cover hotel costs, meals and reimbursement for the tour portion missed.
- If you become ill during the tour and require emergency medical attention or hospitalization, your medical bills may be covered.
- If your luggage does not arrive, this will help defray the cost of replacement clothing and toiletries.
Trip-Cancellation: It’s expensive to cancel or interrupt any prepaid travel, and for a relatively small investment, you can reduce the risk of losing money if something unforeseen happens. If you’re pre paying for an organized tour, or if you or a loved one have health issues, consider this coverage.
A standard trip-cancellation policy covers the nonrefundable payments that you have made when you cancel your tour a for a covered reason, such as:
- You, your travel partner, or a family member cannot travel because of sickness, death, layoff, or a list of other acceptable reasons;
- A family member at home gets sick (check the policy to see how pre-existing conditions might affect coverage);
- You miss a flight or need an emergency flight for a reason outside your control (such as inclement weather, or a strike).
With this type of policy, if you or your travel partner accidentally breaks an arm a few days before your trip, you can both cancel (if you both have this insurance) without losing all the money you paid for the trip. Or, if you’re on a tour and have an accident on your first day, you’ll be reimbursed for the portion of the tour you weren’t able to use.
Cancellation insurance is generally not included in your tour cost. Check your tour inclusions on your group’s web portal to see what insurance coverage is included. If you are interested in protecting your pre paid, non refundable payments made to Cultural Tour Consultants, it may possible to individually upgrade to the Assured Plus Protection Plan which covers a variety of cancellation causes. Check your tour’s web portal or with your tour coordinator to confirm coverage and to see what options are available to you.
You are also welcome to purchase Travel Cancellation Insurance independently through TravelEx or the insurance company of your choice.